So who do y’all think will be the Hogs’ coach next season?
On to this week’s games:
1. Walnut Ridge at Rector (Game of the Week). This might be the Bobcats best chance for a win this season. Walnut Ridge by 8.
2. North Texas at Arkansas. Just what the doctor ordered for the Hogs. Back-to-back SEC losses for the Hogs have some fans screaming for Houston Nutt’s scalp. A win over a patsy like North Texas won’t silence the critics, but at least it will get the Hogs back in the win column.
3. Barton at Hoxie. Game canceled.
4. Alabama at Florida State. Florida State isn’t the elite program it was a few years ago. Alabama in a mild upset.
5. Westside at Trumann. Trumann will roll over the Warriors.
6. Auburn at Florida. Florida is a serious threat to defend their national championship, just as the Gators did in basketball. Auburn appears to be down this year. Florida wins convincingly.
7. Rivercrest at Pocahontas. Redskins scalp Rivercrest.
8. LSU at Tulane. LSU will blow through Tulane like a hurri — okay, that’s a bad analogy. Let me try again. LSU will win by many points.
9. Marked Tree at Cross County. Should be a close game. I normally pick the home team in these situations, but this time I’m going with Marked Tree.
10. Notre Dame at Purdue. Many teams would love to give Notre Dame a swift kick while the Irish are down. This week, it’s in-state rival Purdue’s turn.
11. Corning at Piggott. Uncharacteristically, I’m picking another high school road team. Corning manhandles the Mohawks.
12. Ole Miss at Georgia. Ole Miss played Florida tough last week, while Georgia is coming off a big overtime win at Alabama. I’m tempted to pick the Rebels in an upset, but I’ll play it safe and take Georgia.
13. East Poinsett County at Brinkley. EPC keeps Brinkley winless. (Wow, I’m picking a fourth HS road team).
14. Michigan at Northwestern. Michigan seems to have gotten on track after an 0-2 start. Northwestern is just plain awful. Last week, Ohio State drilled the Wildcats 58-7. Expect a similar result this week.
15. Gosnell at Valley View. Another good high school match-up. Valley View wins at home.
Last week’ score was 10 correct and three wrong. My season tally stands at 43-13.
Discuss post at Lawco Talk
This page contains the latest post from each blogger. To view all posts in a blog, click on the blog’s tab at the top of the page
|<< <||Current||> >>|