Apparently, I forgot to post last week’s picks. Just for the record, here they are.
Last week, I correctly guessed predicted 13 of the 15 games in out Football Forecast contest. Normally, that would have me feeling pretty good, but last week was an exception. Several entrants correctly picked all 15 games and several others missed only one, so 13 out of 15 wasn’t really too hot.
1. Marked Tree at Walnut Ridge (Game of the Week). Marked Tree has far and away been the class of 2A-3 this season. I’m afraid they’ll be too much for the Bobcats. Indians by 20.
2. Florida International at Arkansas. Arkansas will beat FIU to move to 3-0 in the Sun Belt Conference. Who would have thought that, heading into November, Arkansas would have more wins against Sun Belt teams than against SEC teams. Are the Razorbacks eligible for the New Orleans Bowl?
3. Hoxie at Piggott. The Mustangs should beat Piggott and then take a week off while awaiting their playoff assignment.
4. Troy at Arkansas State. It’s tough to get a handle on ASU this season. Troy has been the best team in the Sun Belt all season. I’ve got to go with the Trojans.
5. Rivercrest at Westside. Each team has only one win on the season and both are winless in 4A-3 conference play. I’ll go with Westside to win this battle of cellar dwellers.
6. Ole Miss at Auburn. The Rebels must be even worse than I thought. Auburn in a cakewalk.
7. East Poinsett County at Harrisburg. A big game with playoff implications in 3A-3. EPC didn’t look too good against Corning last week, so I’m picking the Hornets.
8. Mississippi State at Kentucky. Kentucky.
9. Cross County at McCrory. Cross County does Walnut Ridge a favor and beats McCrory.
10. South Carolina at Tennessee. This is a tough one. As far as the coaches go, Steve Spurrier certainly has had Phil Fulmer’s number over the years. What Spurrier doesn’t have this season is a quarterback. The Gamecocks’ quarterback deficiencies were apparent in last week’s loss to Vanderbilt. Nonetheless, I’m picking South Carolina, strictly on the coaching match-up.
11. Rector at Augusta. Augusta easily.
12. Florida vs. Georgia. Florida.
13. Valley View at Osceola. Osceola should squeak past the Blazers in this 4A-3 showdown.
14. Western Kentucky at Vanderbilt. Vandy.
15. Trumann at Pocahontas. I’m picking the Redskins in a close one (or it might be a blowout for all I know, but Pokey will win).
Discuss post at LawCo Talk
It’s awesome that our two local high school football teams, the Hoxie Mustangs and Walnut Ridge Bobcats, will be going to state this year. Congratulations to both teams!
My family attended the Iron Mountain Festival this weekend in Walnut Ridge. I enjoyed myself and could have watched the provided entertainment all day long. However, Briar, Brad and Tim had other ideas of entertainment.
They enjoyed the shooting range, karate demonstration, aquarium and car show, but were ready to go after about 45 minutes. One trip through was enough for them.
Oldsalt, a LawCo Talk board member and moderator, brought me a three-button mouse for my computer today. A few weeks ago he made a trip to our office and was astonished by the fact that my mouse had only one button. I use a Macintosh and they have only one button “mice.”
I am enjoying the extra two buttons immensely. While my Mac mouse would do all the things as a three-button mouse, the three buttons are just easier. However, you won’t find me abandoning my Mac anytime soon. They are the far superior computer… at least in my opinion.
Discuss this post at LawCo Talk
This page contains the latest post from each blogger. To view all posts in a blog, click on the blog’s tab at the top of the page
|<< <||Current||> >>|