Week 10’s predictions:
1. Florida International at Arkansas State (Game of the Week). FIU has lost 20 games in a row and are currently ranked No. 1 in ESPN’s Bottom 10. ASU by 24.
2. Carlisle at Walnut Ridge. A tough challenge for the Bobcats, as Carlisle is ranked in the top 10 in Class AA. I’m taking Carlisle.
3. South Carolina at Arkansas. Arkansas has lost two in a row against less-than-stellar competition. South Carolina has lost two in a row since being ranked in the Top 10. Both teams are struggling at quarterback, but Arkansas has the better ground game, so I’m picking the Hogs.
4. Salem at Marshall. Didn’t Salem lose to Westside earlier this season? That’s a good reason to take Marshall.
5. LSU at Alabama. This ought to be a good old-fashioned SEC slobberknocker. LSU is probably the best team in the country and they’ll have the motivation of playing against their former coach, Nick Saban. LSU wins this one.
6. Piggott at Brinkley. I don’t get to pick Piggott to win very often, but the Mohawks will beat Brinkley.
7. Tennessee Tech at Auburn. It must be homecoming at Auburn. Tigers in a rout.
8. Bald Knob at Batesville Southside. I don’t know anything about either team and I don’t really care enough to do any research, so I’ll go with the home team, Southside.
9. Vanderbilt at Florida. Florida has lost three of its last four and quarterback Tim Tebow was injured against Georgia last week. I still think the Gators have too much talent for Vandy, though. Florida survives a close one.
10. Cave City at Rose Bud. I just can’t make myself pick any team called ‘rose bud.’
11. Navy at Notre Dame. These teams are playing for the 81st consecutive year — the longest continuous intersectional rivalry in the NCAA. Notre Dame has won the last 43 games, the longest winning streak by one school over another in NCAA Division I history. I can’t pick against that kind of history.
12. Paragould at Greene County Tech. Tech hasn’t won a game all year. I can’t pick against that kind of history, either. Rams win.
13. Northwestern State at Ole Miss. It must be homecoming at Ole Miss, too. The Rebels win handily.
14. Nettleton at Wynne. Wynne.
15. Troy at Georgia. If Georgia is still congratulating themselves for their win over Florida, the Trojans could make this on very interesting, but I’m still picking the Dawgs.
Last week: 10-4
Discuss post at LawCo Talk
This page contains the latest post from each blogger. To view all posts in a blog, click on the blog’s tab at the top of the page
|<< <||Current||> >>|