I had an extremely entertaining ride while taking my nieces, Jarah, 7, and Kylie, 3, to Jonesboro for Jarah’s gymnastics class on Wednesday.
My son, Brad, is a huge Hannah Montana fan and has two of her CDs. They occupy slots number three and four in my CD changer. I was actually hoping that the girls would not remember that fact when we began our drive.
It didn’t take long, however, for Kylie to ask for Hannah Montana. She was singing at the top of her lungs, “Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days.” She wanted me to play it over and over… I just couldn’t do it though.
I had to contain my laughter when Kylie said, “Aunt Angie, I got my flea shot yesterday!”
Jarah laughed and told her it wasn’t a “flea” shot, it was a flu shot. She told Kylie to say blue… then had her say flu. She said it perfectly.
After Jarah got out of the car, and I was getting Kylie unbuckled, she told me, “Jarah don’t know what she’s talkin’ about, Aunt Angie, I know I got a flea shot.”
I just smiled and let it go.
Discuss this post at LawCo. Talk
The high school playoffs get underway this week. I know nothing about most of these teams, but there are usually a lot of mismatches in the first round, so to make things simple, I’m taking the home team in all of the high school games (Hoxie over England by 20 in the Game of the Week).
Now, on to the colleges:
2. Arkansas at Tennessee. Darren McFadden propelled himself back into the Heisman race with an incredible performance against South Carolina. The potential is there for another big game this week, as Tennessee is ranked 74th in rushing defense. Arkansas will get only its second-ever win in Knoxville and first since 1992.
4. Arkansas State at Florida Atlantic. ASU has struggled on the road this season, so I’ve gotta go with FAU.
6. Alabama at Mississippi State. State has picked up a couple of impressive road wins this season, at Auburn and Kentucky. Unfortunately, they’re at home this week. Bama had better not overlook the Bulldogs, but I’m still picking the Tide.
8. Auburn at Georgia. I like the Dawgs in this backyard brawl.
10. Air Force at Notre Dame. Notre Dame bounces back from their loss to Navy and upsets the 7-3 Falcons.
12. Kentucky at Vanderbilt. Kentucky in a close one.
14. Louisiana Tech at LSU. LSU by a bunch.
Discuss post at LawCo Talk
This page contains the latest post from each blogger. To view all posts in a blog, click on the blog’s tab at the top of the page
|<< <||Current||> >>|